Friday, June 23, 2006

I realized today that my fall marathon is closer than I thought. I am slightly behind in my training. Nothing to really worry about, but I need to up the mileage more than the recommended ten percent increase without causing any sort of injury, and that’s always hard.

My regular nightly runs have been 3.5 to 4 miles, but tonight, I upped that to 5.5 twice this week.

The week is huge for me; I am leaving for vacation in a couple of hours and hope to put in some serious, serious training. Something has changed in me, because I am really looking forward to it.

This will be the last real chance to prepare for the New York Tri. I’m feeling confident about the run and bike course, but the swim still has me nervous. That’s why I’ll be doing a number of intensive swim workouts in the ocean while I am on vacation. I need to get comfortable both in the open water, and in the wet suit. The only way to do that is to put in the time.

See you all in a week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!