Monday, July 03, 2006

Two week update:

Just got back from the first week long vacation I have had in three years. I was nice, I am tan.

I ate like a pig, but H-rock* and I treated the vacation like a training camp and worked out every day. The totals for the time (from Friday June 23 to yesterday July 2) are below.

I feel great about the week. I gained a little weight, some of which, I am telling myself, must be muscle, and ran, biked and swim just about every goddamn day.

The part of the trip I feel best about is the open water swimming. I was in the ocean everyday and feel much more comfortable swimming in the wetsuit now than I did at my last open water swim. I hope to get at least one more open water swim in before the NYC tri, but even if I don’t I feel confident I’ll do fine.

Here’s the number and goals for the week. This week is all about balancing the marathon training with triathlon training. I hate to say it, but I’ll be happy when I can just concentrate on the Hartford Marathon.

The Numbers:

Swim: 2.75 miles in 1:35:00 minutes (all in open water)

Bike: 48 miles

Run: 26 miles in 4:10:00 for an average pace of 10:00 MPH

Core: none.

This is the graph from my workouts this week. This should be a little heavier on the bike rides, I think, but I am happy to see the number getting bigger.






Weight: 192 (up two pounds from last post).

Goals from last post:

Sleep at least eight hours a night. (DONE!)

Do at least two open water swims (DONE!)

Stretch everyday (eh, close?).

Finish Volume One of Braudel’s Civilization and Capitalism. (DONE!)

Begin making core-conditioning part of my weekly workout plan. (yeah, no so much.)

Goals for Next Week:

Do core work at least twice.

Stretch everyday.

Sleep at least eight hours.

No chips, and no beer during the week.

Do one open water swim.


Btw: *H-Rock is my life partner/ girlfriend / lover.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

fatfighterblogs.com - I fight fat!